Home

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Some Past Work From 1st Term

I haven't posted on this blog in a really long time so I'd thought I'd do some updates. If anyone even looks at this blog, I use Instagram as my main source for uploading art, so please check that out if you'd like. My name is "PaulC_Art" on there.

So predominately, I've finally started learning traditional art and it seems like I'll be focusing on just that for the first half of my time here at Art Center. I've really come to appreciate traditional for what it is and how hard it actually is to do a painting with oil paints than on Photoshop. And I've got to say, I'm now officially a fan (of traditional artwork).

Here's a couple pieces I did the first term I was at Art Center. Looking back they look pretty terrible, but hey, this blog is supposed to be about progress right?

These pieces were part of my final for Perspective 1, which I took with Mikki Hunt. The assignment if I recall correctly was to do a series of designs for any environment you wanted, and I picked the topic of a "sci-fi hospital" (generic I know :D) and to do sketches of a turnaround based off of an orthographic we made as well as a 3d sketchup model (which I did in Maya instead). Overall these sketches were pretty fun but the presentation aspect of the assignment threw me off-guard and I ended up having to pull my first-ever 2 day in-a-row all nighter for this assignment; and just in case anyone was wondering, 2 days in a row of no sleep is brutal.. Oh and I did that for the second time ever today :D.

I have an entire notebook filled with perspective assignments that I have yet to upload (I probably won't go on to doing that :\)

 



 


As you can see, I ran out of time


Here is a piece from my mandatory Design 1 class that I had to take with Joan Kahn.


My final based off of the principle of a Mandala.

Illustrator Vector Drawing



Other than that, my first term was one of the easier terms I've had, perhaps the easiest I've had so far.. The other intensive class I had was Nathan Rholander's Composition and Drawing class and Lorrie Madden's Head and Hands which took me a great deal of time getting used to how to use charcoal. I will post a few drawings in the future hopefully for that class, but my final in charcoal (Nathan's) was posted on my Instagram.

1 comment: